observations

So far, "working from home" is going very well. As long as I've got something going on, it beats every other job I've ever worked at. I cook, I keep my home clean & neat, I do my translations, I organize (my life, my computer, the closets, our move), I go out for walks (ehm, on the water) at unexpected hours of the day, it's just been wonderful, knock on wood. And I realize just how much more I can do with my time. I still try to wake up early, but haven't been quite successful at meeting my targets, target being 8; my entry into the breakfast scene being 9.30. ish. In the end, I like owning the day-to-day in my life. I went to Nisantasi today and ran into so many people. Am I really popular or is Nisantasi popular? I ran into Eylem, then this girl I met a few weeks ago at a brunch at J&S, Mark (that's no surprise though, House Cafe is his cafe-office), and last but not least, Teri and her sister and friend. It was a great afternoon, with familiar places & people, chatting and coffee.

On the way back home, I saw a woman and her daughter who was not a day old from 9 in twin chadoors (kara carsaf as we say) sitting in a bus stop. Just sitting side by side like two crows, only their eyes and noses showing. This is not the outskirts of town or forgotten neighborhoods on the Asian side. This is Emirgan. I wish I had a picture to prove. I know I don't need proof, they are so common now that most of you don't need proof to believe me, but I just had to document that (mental note: take your camera with you everywhere, not just to daytrips with your husband). I have so much to say about this but I will censor myself until I'm out of here.
So I'm back home, about to start putting together some dinner for my husband and then getting ready for
tonight's girls' night out. I hadn't done this in a while so I'm happy, we're going to have a great time. Will take camera.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Liddy's Nursery

Celebration of Life

New blog